Branding of polished diamonds and gems with country of origins is very important, however there are still scientific methods needed to be developed for fast and accurate gem tracking. Clearly the international diamond industry needs to detect the increasing numbers of synthetic and treated diamonds at world markets that are entering countries in the last few years.
The “GRI” Gemmological Research Industries Inc. consulting team of experienced mineralogists, geologists, physicists, and gemologists conduct studies to protect the integrity of NATURAL DIAMONDS and GEMS. Results of these studies greatly help the international diamond and gem industry.
Many of our projects are done in collaborations with major Universities, research centers and gem laboratories from Canada and around the world, see list of Published Papers and References (above is Infrared Spectra of 5 large HPHT-grown diamonds from Russia).
Major research goals at “Gemmological Research Industries Inc.”:
- Study of rough and polished diamonds from multi international locations to guarantee origin.
- Detection of treatments in natural diamonds and gems using advanced instruments.
- Detection of synthetic diamonds and gems using standard and advanced instruments.
- Assist cutting centers internationally with technology and better recovery.
GRI plans to promote Vancouver, Canada as a major diamond research center as it is the hometown of major exploration, mining companies, and a top gem laboratory.
Why Gemmological Research Industries Inc” makes a Difference:
- Experienced research team with strong academic backgrounds led by international expert Branko Deljanin.
- Access to large number of rough and polished diamonds and gems for research.
- Access to facility for HPHT and other treatments and production of synthetics.
- Flexible staff that adjusts research projects to customer’s needs.
- Excellent working relationships with Universities and Gem labs around the world.